Get this: over half a million dogs each year are estimated to choke on or swallow an object that’s too big for them to digest. In fact, veterinarians everywhere can attest that gastrointestinal distress is the most common reason for emergency vet visits, and even more troubling, bully sticks are often the culprit.
Beware the tail-end of the bully stick
Dogs and dog owners love bully sticks because they are easy-to-digest, natural, healthy, stimulating and delicious. But as dogs chew the stick down, they increase the risk of choking on the tail end of the treat. If that little nub gets swallowed whole, your dog could choke or develop an intestinal blockage - both of which are serious medical emergencies.
This is not a small risk either - it happens All. The. Time.
In fact, our founder, Scott started Bow Wow Labs after a bully stick choking scare with his dog Finn. Luckily, Finn was able to cough up the bully stick after initially choking on it, but sometimes dogs are not so lucky.
Safely secure the bully stick to prevent choking
To solve this common, troubling problem, Scott developed an ingenious solution: The Bully Buddy. The Bully Buddy safely secures bully sticks so that dogs can’t choke on the last little bit of the treat. When offered with a safety device like the Bully Buddy, dogs can enjoy bully sticks while minimizing their choking risk.
Watch this video to learn more about the Bully Buddy.
Not only does the Bully Buddy keep them safer, it also provides peace of mind for pet owners and caregivers. “The Bully Buddy is the best product I’ve seen to prevent bully sticks from becoming a choking hazard,” says Dr. Jerry Moore, DVM of East San Rafael Veterinary Clinic in California.
Surely, dogs can swallow or choke on all kinds of things you don’t willingly give them to eat - coins, balls, clothes, batteries, tin foil, toys, rope, rocks, balls, wood, plastic and more.
But a bully stick doesn’t have to be part of that list. Bully sticks are a terrific treat for dogs IF they are administered safely, and the Bully Buddy is the safest way to treat your dog.